Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grades 1-3: Pumpkin Seed Count


Description:I am looking for a 1st to 3rd grade class to participate in the Pumpkin Seed Count project. Students will estimate how many seeds will be in the pumpkin. I will buy a pumpkin for the project and have my Pre-K students count seeds into groups of 5 and 10. Your class can then count by 5 and 10 to tally the pumpkin seeds for a total. Estimates and results will then be discussed and compared. If you have an idea for how to make the collaboration more successful for our classes, please let me know. This will be my first time and I welcome any suggestions. Additional information on the Pumpkin Seed Count project can be found at http://www.projectsbyjen.com/Projects/2010ps/2010ps_home.html.
Dates:October 26th; apprx. 20 minutes preferrably from 1:30 to 1:50 or between 2:15-3:15.
Sign up method:Exploding Collaboration
Grades:1, 2, 3
Subjects:Mathematics



Amy Nichols
amy.nichols@nn.k12.va.us
Phone: 757-886-7789
Denbigh Early Childhood Center