Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grade 7: Budgeting a Trip Using % and Scale Models


Contact Information Annette Kessler
Library: Staff
Fairfax County Public Schools- Stone Middle School
Education: Middle/Jr. High
Centreville, VA
United States
Phone: (703) 631-5551
annette.kessler@fcps.edu
Objective of Collaboration I have a classroom outside of Washington DC and I'm looking for a classroom where my students can budget a trip to visit there. The students can work together to figure the cost (with taxes and discounts included) of travel. It can culminate with a video conference and scale drawings/models of important venues in their area. This video call can "simulate" visiting. I have the project typed up for students, I just need a school to visit :)
Time Frame February 2011
Target Audience Education: Grade(s): 7, 12-14
Disciplines Best Practice, Mathematics, Problem Solving
Technology Internet 2,

Print this Collaboration